Sunday, August 06, 2006

Apologies to my readers

First I would like to apologize to all my readers.
My last post is from March and it's totally unacceptable.
I didn't give up on wine, indeed I go so much into it that writing this wine blog was overwhelming.

So I studied Unit 3 of the Diploma of WSET from January to June, organized the wine Meetup during the first half of the year and then went on a wine tour in Bordeaux. Unfortunately, tasting wines for the exam one night, tasting wine in my study group the next and tasting wine with the club was borderline excessive.
I know understand the blasé attitude of my classmates working in the trade.
Maybe I should stick to finance; I am never blasé when talking about stocks.

So back to a more normal tasting pace, I will keep updating you with on great wine experiences. But after this intensive first semester, I will expand to tasting techniques and will strive to relate the taste of the wine to the winemaking (Viniculture) and the winemaking (Viticulture). Describing a wine in length is like guessing the nutritional content of a bottle. Relating the tasting notes to the process of making wine helps you understand its pedigree.

So welcome back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home