Saturday, March 18, 2006

A good Chianti...Classico


Sorry folks

I didn't post much but amazingly enough I never tasted so many wines. Every Tuesday since January is the Diploma wine class and six wines to taste. The following day, some of the students are joining together to taste another 8 wines. By Thursday, I am done and don't feel like writing or talking about wine. But it looks like my mind is getting to it and you could expect one post per week very soon.

From last month NYC Wine Club’s event, I picked what was my best bottle of Chianti ever. Quality level in the category is going down so this bottle was a standout. The winery is Roccadelle Macie, owned by a retired boxer, and the bottled is coming from a single vineyard; Saint Alfonso.

Tenuta Sant' Alfonso Chianti Classico 2001 Roccadelle Macie is still a medium to medium high body wine but the oak flavors are very integrated and the extraction isn't crazy.
A good quality Chianti for $20.

2 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Ken Booth said...

Keep up the good work. It seems I'm often disappointed with the quality of Chianti I purchase. I'll keep an eye out for this bottle and give it a try.

 
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Neil said...

I tried this recently on a trip to Lucca.

A great wine - we went back the next day and bought a couple more bottles!

Now looking where to buy it in the UK. Can't find it anywhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home